Swivel chair meets stool meets saddle seat meets you.
How many ways can you sit in a Capisco? It depends how adventurous, fidgety or yoga-inclined you are, but we’ve seen backwards, sideways, kneeling, cross-legged, legs flung over chair arms, frog squat (a favorite among kids) and everything between.
Inspired by the form and movement of the body, Capisco’s award-winning human-centered design offers more healthy and active sitting postures in a single chair than three others put together, making it the perfect complement to an adjustable standing desk.
The plus-shaped back of the seat makes for comfortable backwards or sideways sitting, the contoured saddle seat opens the hips for a more active, forward posture, and of course there’s plenty of space at the back of the seat for traditional sitting (if you’re into that kind of thing).
In addition to being our most popular chair among customers, Capisco is made from 50% recycled material and is 90% recyclable, making it popular with Earth too.
Try Capisco for 90-days risk-free.
The Capisco chair is the product that started this company. We have yet to find a chair that is as versatile as it is beautiful in its design. We believe in it so much, we offer a 90-day risk-free return policy on these chairs.
Free Shipping & 30-Day Returns
We offer free shipping and free returns to customers in the lower 48 states. Send back any item in like new condition in its original packaging and we'll refund you in full. See details.
Low Price Guarantee
When you purchase your adjustable desk, ergonomic chair or ergonomic accessory from Fully, rest assured that you are paying the lowest price available anywhere. Learn more.
- 265mm Lift - Seat heights 22.5 - 33"
- 200mm Lift - Seat heights 19 - 26"
- 150mm Lift - Seat heights 16 - 21.5"
If you order a shorter 200mm or 150mm lift, that will come in addition to the included 265mm lift, so you can always swap it out later if you decide to go big.
- Box Dimensions: 28" x 28" x 13" inches
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Overall Chair Height (with 265mm lift): 38.5" - 51.5"
- Seat Width: 19.5"
- Seat Depth: 15.5"
- 19 quick-ship options ready to ship out in one or two business days.
- Non-traditional saddle seat design
- Naturally follows you as you move to the next sitting position
- seat depth
- seat height
- back height
- tilt tension backward
- three-position tilt lock
- 10 year warranty on pneumatic lift
- Weight capacity of 250 lbs
- Solid, recycled aluminum base with curved/arched footplates
- Black, silver or white aluminum frame
- Made of recycled and recyclable materials
- Interchangeable components extend product life
- GREENGUARD certified
- Capisco Chairs come with braking casters, suitable for both hardwood and low-pile carpet. “Braking” simply means that a low level of resistance is built into the casters to keep your chair from rolling about all willy-nilly, or always returning to that one low corner in the room.
So, we're about to throw some numbers at you, and they're going to be confusing, so we'll do our best to explain up front: there are two major methods by which fabric durability is rated. They are called Wyzenbeek, and Martindale, and they both involve rubbing the fabric against itself in a fancy fabric-rubbing machine, buuut they use slightly different rub patterns, and so they result in different numbers that look a lot alike, but the literature all says you can't convert between them. The Wyzenbeek is standard in the U.S. but Martindale is the international standard, so it just depends on what a manufacturer decides to go with.
To hopefully clear things up a little, here's a breakdown of the numbers, and what they mean:
Use Martindale Number Wyzenbeek Number Light Use 6,000 - 9,000 Wyzenbeek; 6,000 - 9,000. Medium Use 9000 - 20,000 9000 - 15,000 Heavy Use/General Commercial Use 20,000 - 40,000 15,000 - 30,000 Heavy Duty Commercial Use 40,000 + 30,000 +
Our Capisco Quick-ship program includes 4 different upholstery types, in a total of 19 different colors.
- Basic Description: a completely recycled, highly durable, rich-hued polyester upholstery.
- Composition: 100% Post-Consumer Polyester
- Durability: Wyzenbeek Durability Rating - 130,000 double rubs. What are we talking about? A Wyzenbeek number of just 30,000 is considered sufficient for "heavy duty commercial use." With a rating of 130,000, you could basicallly rub your jeans back and forth on Eco Polyester 130,000 times (or ten times a day for about 35 years), before it quits.
- Care and cleaning: water-based cleaning agent or solvent: Depending on the stain, you can use a dry-cleaning solvent, the foam of a mild detergent, or upholstery shampoo.
- Basic Description: a beautiful, naturally flame- and water-resistant natural fiber, produced in Norway from the wool of all-Norwegian sheep.
- Composition: 100% Virgin Norwegian Wool
- Durability: Martindale Abraision Rating ≥ 56,000 Cycles. On the Martindale scale, a 40,000 rating qualifies for "heavy duty commercial use." So basically this wool is even stronger than you probably need it to be for your office. I mean, we don't know what you do, but probably.
- Care and cleaning: occasional (weekly-ish) gentle vacuuming. If something goes really wrong, try a dilute solution of gentle, wool-friendly detergent.
- Basic Description: GREENGUARD certified, pvc-free faux leather.
- Composition: 100% Polyurethane, with Polyester Backing.
- Durability: Wyzenbeek Durability Rating - 240,000 double rubs. That's 8 times the 30,000 required for a heavy duty commercial use rating.
- Care and cleaning: water-based foam or cleaner; bleach cleanable. See elaborated care and cleaning instructions.
- Basic Description: not actually made from doves, this soft cow hide displays natural leather grain.
- Composition: predominantly cattle hides of central european origin.
- Durability: leather is not rated, but tends to be pretty tough if treated right.
- Care and cleaning: Paloma Leather will respond well to standard leather care and treatment.
For your feet
The footring comes in black, white, or silver, to match your base. A great addition to any tall seat, we recommend the footring with the Standard 265mm lift. It easily slips on to your already-assembled capisco, and can also be removed without disassembling the chair, if you decide to go back. We don't think you will.
The StepUp is great for Capiscos being used in shared spaces, whether that's a home office, a conference room, or a ramped-up game of musical chairs. Imagine somebody of 5'4" trying to get into a chair that's recently been vacated by somebody of 6'2"—a step is super helpful.
Standard Capisco Seat Height
The HÄG Capisco comes standard with a 265mm lift, with seat heights ranging from about 23 to 33". Because of the saddle-like shape of the seat, most people will find they prefer a higher seat height with the Capisco than they might with a flat-seat chair—and you won't get the full Capisco benefits if you don't go a little higher and open up those hip angles.
The standard range is optimal for most people working at adjustable or standing height desks. However, if you have a lower fixed-height desk, or if you are under 5'4" you may prefer a lower lift. Don't hesitate to call if you need help deciding what will work best for you.
Available lift heights
- Standard 265mm Lift - Seat heights 23 - 33"
- 200mm Lift - Seat heights 19 - 26"
- 150mm Lift - Seat heights 16 - 21.5"
Choosing Your Chair Height
The seat height for the Capisco is measured from the floor to the top of the seat cushion. This will vary depending on the lift height. The standard 265mm lift provides a range of about 23" to 33". The 200mm lift adjusts from approximately 19" - 26", and the shorter 150mm lift provides a height adjustment from about 16" - 21.5". We do not recommend the 150mm lift for most users and applications.
The chair that started it all
Before we created Jarvis Adjustable Standing Desk, long before we were called Fully, founder/CEO David Kahl started this company with the mission of selling one Capisco chair a day. His goal was to improve one person’s life a day with the chair that had completely transformed his. Today, all these many years later, Capisco remains the favorite among Fully employees and customers, and we have yet to find a chair that is more perfectly suited to our adjustable standing desks.
For a slimmer saddle (and price) check out Capisco Puls. Or see our entire collection of rocking, bouncing, kneeling, stretching, leaning, twisting chairs—chairs designed to keep you active, support your body’s natural posture, and bring more energy to your work by improving your circulation and keeping your legs and core engaged. Staying active during the day is the most important factor in staying healthy—say no to 90-degree sitting!
You may also like