Where cool meets versatile.
Meet our very favorite chair.
The Gravity Balans by Varier is certainly not limited to reclining. The unique design provides a wide range of seating options that will support the body throughout. A forward tilt accommodates the standard kneeling posture of all Varier balans seating, while a tilt back will leave your feet on the floor in a more traditional position. So, whether you working at a table, leaning back to enjoy a book, or fully reclining to pursue that ever-important power nap, the Varier Gravity balans offers full body support to achieve the ultimate in comfort and relaxation.
Gravity Chair: Perfect for a power nap, the body gently rocks to the rhythm of its breathing. Supported at every position, the body feels weightless - quite possibly the closest you will come to achieving zero gravity.
With a lighter recline the body is in the ideal position for reading or just relaxing and watching TV.
In a more traditional position the Gravity balans still offers the ultimate in support.
Leaning forward the Gravity takes on the characteristics of a kneeling chair.
Free shipping to lower 48 states. Shipping rates for Canada, Alaska and Hawaii, will be calculated at checkout. See Details.
Low Price Guarantee
When you purchase your adjustable desk, ergonomic chair or ergonomic accessory from Fully, rest assured that you are paying the lowest price available anywhere. Learn more.
Gravity Balans Features:
- Based on the original Balans chair design by Peter Opsvik
- Handcrafted in Norway by skilled artisans
- Seven-year guarantee on wooden parts
- Five-year guarantee on mechanisms
- Three-year guarantee on foams and upholstery
- Available in a large range of fabrics, colors, and finishes
- Ideal chair for both relaxing and working
- Lean forward to work, lean back to read, or recline to nap
- Optional soft tape for wood floors
- Polyurethane foam cushion
- Previously known as the Stokke Gravity balans chair
- All wood is harvested from highly sustainable forests
- Assembly required
- Overall dimensions: 53.1"D, 28.7"W, 48"H. Seat height: 17.3"
- Shipping dimensions: two boxes, 32" x 28" x 8", 30 lbs & 58" x 22" x 3", 35 lbs
- Overall depth: 53.1"
- Overall width: 28.7"
- Overall height: 48".
- Seat height: 17.3".
- Box Dimensions (2 boxes): 23x31x32" + 22x3x58"
- Weight: 55 lbs total
Adjustable neck rest:
The adjustable neck rest offers support and comfort for users of varying heights.
Soft Tape (Optional)
Soft tape is recommended for chairs that will be used on wood floors or other hard surfaces. The tape easily attaches to the bottom of the chair and helps to protect both the chair and the floor during use.
Variér Furniture offers an extended warranty to customers who register their products in their product database. The warranty is limited and covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover misuse, normal wear and tear and defects caused by exposure to sunlight. Registration gives the right to the following guarantee:
- 7 years guarantee against fabrication faults on wooden parts
- 5 years guarantee against fabrication faults on the mechanism
- 3 years guarantee on upholstery and foam
This requires a successfully completed registration of the product in Variér's Extended Warranty database, and that the warranty certificate is submitted together with the original receipt (proof of purchase).
Once registration is completed, proof of guarantee can be printed from the Variér web site and will also be sent to you via email. Click here to visit the Variér warranty registration page.