Small and Functional: the Varier Multi Balans.
At the highest setting, the back and thighs are nearly at the same angle as when standing, drastically reducing strain and pressure. And, at its lowest setting, the chair can be used as a child's chair and work station.
Designed to be portable, the Varier Multi Balans is light enough to carry between work areas. The Multi can also be collapsed allowing for a minimal footprint when being transported or when not in use.
Humans were created to move, not to sit still.
No scientific evidence supports the notion that the "correct" sitting posture is upright, at a right angle. In fact, studies are now revealing that the body operates best when its form is allowed to remain open and fluid.
The Varier Multi Balans helps to achieve just that. Height-adjustable seats place the body in a seated, kneeling position. This allows the angle between the thighs and torso to increase, allowing the body to naturally adopt the same spine curvature as when standing, relieving pressure from the vertebrae and letting you breathe more deeply and freely. The Multi Balans promotes constant natural movement, keeping the back and abdominal muscles active at all times. While sitting, the user is actually strengthening the core muscles of the abdomen and back while preventing tension in the neck and shoulders.
This "active sitting" improves circulation and oxygen levels, boosting energy, concentration, and overall well-being.
Free shipping to lower 48 states. Shipping rates for Canada, Alaska and Hawaii, will be calculated at checkout. See Details.
Low Price Guarantee
When you purchase your adjustable desk, ergonomic chair or ergonomic accessory from Fully, rest assured that you are paying the lowest price available anywhere. Learn more.
- Original Balans chair design by Peter Opsvik.
- Handcrafted in Norway by skilled artisans.
- Seven-year guarantee on wooden parts.
- Five-year guarantee on mechanisms.
- Three-year guarantee on foams and upholstery.
- Available in a large range of fabrics, colors, and finishes.
- Adjustable to raise or lower the seat height and to alter the angle of sitting.
- Collapsible for easy transport and storage.
- Polyurethane foam cushion.
- Previously known as the Stokke Multi Balans chair.
- All wood is harvested from highly sustainable forests.
- Oak and beech woods are native to Europe and all walnut is harvested in the USA.
- Assembly required.
- Overall dimensions: 28.35"D, 20.47"W, 20"H.
- Shipping dimensions: 19" x 8" x 30" 15lbs.
- Overall width: 18.5"
- Adjustable seat height: 15.7" - 24.4".
- Box Dimensions: 19x8x30"
- Weight:15 lbs
Variér Furniture offers an extended warranty to customers who register their products in their product database. The warranty is limited and covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover misuse, normal wear and tear and defects caused by exposure to sunlight. Registration gives the right to the following guarantee:
- 7 years guarantee against fabrication faults on wooden parts
- 5 years guarantee against fabrication faults on the mechanism
- 3 years guarantee on upholstery and foam
This requires a successfully completed registration of the product in Variér's Extended Warranty database, and that the warranty certificate is submitted together with the original receipt (proof of purchase).
Once registration is completed, proof of guarantee can be printed from the Variér web site and will also be sent to you via email. Click here to visit the Variér warranty registration page.