Move your mind
The Varier Move II puts your body in control, it is the ultimate in active sitting. Of all the chairs in Varier's Active collection, the Move provides the most positive impact on your back and core muscles. Offering 360° of movement, the Move II will certainly have a position for you. Whether you are catching up on bills at the kitchen table or multi-tasking over breakfast, the Move II allows your body to go wherever it feels it should be.
The Varier Move II offers the same design features as the standard Move but with a specialized, smaller seat design for smaller adults. The same lift height options are available for the Move II as the standard Move. If you have questions about what seat style would be best for you, please give our Varier experts a call today and we'd be happy to talk about your options.
A blend of chair and standing support, the Varier Move II has a graded disc base. The tilting angle created by this unique design lets the saddle follow you throughout any movement. The sit/stand body position greatly increases the angle between the upper and lower body, allowing deeper breathing, improved concentration, and relieving the pressure on the spine.
The benefits are not just for adults, as the posture, breathing, and energy enhancements of active sitting have been directly correlated with improved homework performance in adolescents.
Humans were created to move, not to sit still.
"I believe that the spine is happiest when it can adopt the natural curvature that it has when we stand upright" -Peter Opsvik
No scientific evidence supports the notion that the "correct" sitting posture is upright, at a right angle. In fact, studies are now revealing that the body operates best when its form is allowed to remain open and fluid.
The Varier Move promotes constant natural movement, keeping the back and abdominal muscles active at all times. While sitting, the user is actually strengthening the core muscles of the abdomen and back while preventing tension in the neck and shoulders.
This "active sitting" improves circulation and oxygen levels, boosting energy, concentration, and overall well-being.
Free shipping to lower 48 states. Shipping rates for Canada, Alaska and Hawaii, will be calculated at checkout. See Details.
Low Price Guarantee
When you purchase your adjustable desk, ergonomic chair or ergonomic accessory from Fully, rest assured that you are paying the lowest price available anywhere. Learn more.
- Handcrafted in Norway by skilled artisans
- Seven-year guarantee on wooden parts
- Five-year guarantee on mechanisms
- Three-year guarantee on foams and upholstery
- Available in a large range of fabrics, colors, and finishes
- Many colors and options available for quick ship
- Saddle seat design and graded disc base support the body at any angle
- Optional rubber sole for use on hard surfaces (rubber sole standard on Move Small)
- Polyurethane foam cushion
- All wood is harvested from highly sustainable forests
- Overall dimensions for Move and Move II: standard lift (22"-32.3")
- Shipping dimensions: 16" x 8" 17" 14lbs
- [22"-32.3"] Standard
- Box Dimensions: 16x8x17 inches
- Weight: 14 lbs
Move vs. Move II
- The approximate measurement of each side of the standard Move is 16" and the Move 2 and Move Small have sides about 13"
The Move II has an adjustable seat height of 22"-32.3".
Rubber Sole (Optional)
The rubber sole wraps around the disc base. This provides added stability on slick floors and helps to protect the base and floor when used on hard surfaces. The rubber sole is optional on the Move and Move II.
Variér Furniture offers an extended warranty to customers who register their products in their product database. The warranty is limited and covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover misuse, normal wear and tear and defects caused by exposure to sunlight. Registration gives the right to the following guarantee:
- 7 years guarantee against fabrication faults on wooden parts
- 5 years guarantee against fabrication faults on the mechanism
- 3 years guarantee on upholstery and foam
This requires a successfully completed registration of the product in Variér's Extended Warranty database, and that the warranty certificate is submitted together with the original receipt (proof of purchase).
Once registration is completed, proof of guarantee can be printed from the Variér web site and will also be sent to you via email. Click here to visit the Variér warranty registration page.