Reprogram Your Back, Exercise While You Sit.
Don't tell her we said this, but your mom was wrong. You don't have to sit still. In fact, you shouldn't.
The experts all agree: moving is good. Movement is healthy, and with the Back App 2.0 Chair, you can ease your way into the world of active seating.
This is the missing link between Task Chair and Saddle Seat. Equipped with a plush, cushioned chair and a saddle shape to put you in a healthy, open-hip position, the Back App was made to let you shift, rock, and balance yourself as you sit, and keep you comfy while you do it.
A balancing ball at the bottom of the chair will let you customize how much you want the chair to move, and as the Back App moves, the muscles that support your spine maintain a low level of activity, strengthening your back and improving your overall posture. 'Cause your mom was right about this one; you should sit up straight.
Built out of strong-but-lightweight (also recycled!) aluminum, the Back App is remarkably light and easy to move, so it can migrate all around your home or office. Or, if you want to go fully mobile, add the optional, removable wheelbase and get rolling.
Free shipping to lower 48 states. Shipping rates for Canada, Alaska and Hawaii, will be calculated at checkout. See Details.
Low Price Guarantee
When you purchase your adjustable desk, ergonomic chair or ergonomic accessory from Fully, rest assured that you are paying the lowest price available anywhere. Learn more.
- Frame: made from 99.9% recycled, die-cast aluminum.
- Adjustable height: easy paddle adjustment; seat height ranges from ~23" to ~32" (will vary with movement range. Wheel base adds ~1").
- Maximum weight capacity: 242.5 lbs.
- Adjustable movement w/ integrated indicator: the ball can be turned to adjust to greater or lesser tilt. green and red stripes indicate level of movement. Don't worry, the ball won't fall off in your hand; it's got a stopper.
- Optional Wheelbase: The wheelbase is cleverly designed to be completely modular. The seat simply sets into it, or lifts right off.
The Back App is guaranteed for 5 years against construction faults and broken parts in chairs used "in offices or homes" in compliance with the seat's weight limit of 242.5 lbs (110 kg).
- Basic Description: a hardy, antistatic wool blend, naturally flame- and dirt-resistant.
- Composition: 88% Wool, 12% Polyamide
- Durability: Martindale Abrasion Resistance - 120,000 rubs. What on earth does that mean? It translates roughly to rubbing your jeans back and forth on it 120,000 times, or ten times a day for about 32 years, before the fabric bails.
- Care and cleaning: recommended "gentle vacuuming, preferably every week, with a soft nozzle." If you need to remove spots, try lukewarm water with or without a neutral detergent.
- Basic Description: a synthetic psuedo-suede material, made in Italy, that you might find in a luxury vehicle in place of real suede (it's more color-fast and durable).
- Composition: 68% Polyester / 32% Polyurethane (plus or minus 3% on each)
- Martindale Abraision Rating ≥ 20,000 Cycles
- Martindale Abrasion Endpoint ≥ 150,000 Cycles
What the heck does any of that mean? Basically, you can sit on it and stand up again (or squirm around really hard), 150,000 times (or 10 times every day for 41 years) before the fabric gives up.
- Care and cleaning: check out this incredibly thorough manual in 10 languages for detailed care recommendations.